In the Community
Life is risky. None of us can manage it alone. That’s what communities are for.
Assurant Solutions companies have deep roots in diverse communities throughout the United States and around the world. Through participation in community-based programs such as sponsorships, donations and employee volunteer programs, we work to aid and protect children, prevent hunger and homelessness, promote education and the arts, and fight illness and disease.
We encourage our employees to give back to their communities through contributions of both time and money. In recent years, we have sponsored or co-sponsored construction of Habitat for Humanity homes in Florida, Georgia, California and Ontario, Canada. Our commitment to serving local communities in America goes back over 50 years. That tradition continues today — each and every day.
Grant requests are accepted year-round and are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Proposals must be submitted in typewritten form on organization letterhead and forwarded to the Charitable Giving Office via U.S. mail. No faxes will be accepted.
The grant request should consist of the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number of the organization.
- Complete list of the organization's officers and board of directors.
- Description and history of the organization.
- A mission statement, goals and objectives.
- Purpose of funding request.
- Project description and location.
- Dates of proposed project.
- Expected benefits and measurable results.
- Amount of funding requested.
- The organization's actual income and expense statement for the past fiscal year, identifying the organization's principal sources of support (optional).
- The organization's projected income and expense budget for the current fiscal year, identifying the projected revenue sources (optional).
- Projected budget for the specific program for which the request is submitted.
- Organization's most recent audited financial statement and annual report.
- Copy of the organization's most recent Form 990.
All proposals will be acknowledged as received. Funding decisions are generally communicated to the requesting organization within six to eight weeks of receipt of a completed application. Due to budget limitations, not all qualified and worthwhile proposals will receive support.
Financial support is not automatic and cannot be guaranteed from year to year. If the requesting organization has been the beneficiary of a grant in a previous year, it must reapply for consideration in the current year. All such organizations are asked to include with their proposal a statement of impact attesting to the benefit realized or received from the previous grant.
Limitations & Exclusions
The program generally will not consider requests from:
- Organizations not tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 under the Internal Revenue Code
- Requests for individual needs
- Government agencies
- Social or political organizations
- Religious organizations requesting funds for sectarian activities
- Fraternal, labor or veterans associations
- Trade, industry or professional associations
- Discretionary social functions and most fund-raising events
- Sports events and/or sponsorships
- Advertising or purchase of tickets
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Copy of 501 (c) 3 tax-exemption letter.
Assurant Solutions reserves the right to suspend, amend, revoke or terminate the Charitable Giving Program at any time. The Charitable Contributions Committee shall determine the interpretation, application and administration of all matters pertaining to the Charitable Giving Program and its decisions shall be final.
The Charitable Giving Program reserves the right to audit institutional records and documents pertaining to this program and to request any supporting donor documentation it considers necessary.
Please direct your proposals or inquiries to:
Attn: Debbie Burbridge
Charitable Giving Program Office
11222 Quail Roost Drive
Miami, Fla. 33157-6596